- 1 The Animals
- 2 The Restaurant
- 2.1 Address and Contact Details
- 2.2 Location Map
- 2.3 You May Also Like
- 2.4 Buying art in Pattaya
- 2.5 Purimas Beach Hotel and Spa
- 2.6 Suphattra Land Rayong Fruit Farm
- 2.7 HarborLand, Pattaya – South East Asia’s Largest Children’s Play Area
- 2.8 Khao Chi Chan – Buddha Mountain – Silverlake, Pattaya
- 2.9 Royal Palace Hotel Ban Chang
- 2.10 Art in Paradise Pattaya
- 2.11 Phala Garden Home Resort
- 2.12 Rayong Adventure Park – A Water Park With A Difference
- 2.13 Mountain Coffee @ Zoo – Rayong
Ban Chang Sheep Farm Description
Ban Chang Sheep Farm is a small children's petting farm on the outskirts of Ban Chang, Rayong. Although small, the owners seem to be adding to the place all the time, and the best part is entrance is completely FREE. It is ideal for families with smaller children, especially if you don't fancy the drive all the way out to Pattaya.
The farm currently consists of a large sheep pen full of sheep and goats, a small paddock with a couple of horses and another paddock containing several Ostrich. Also on site is a large open air restaurant and coffee shop, the grounds of which are littered with a number of large sculptures of animals, which are made of shredded tyres.
Unlike the other sheep farms in the area, the owner provides piles of fresh bamboo to feed the sheep and other animals for free. You can either feed the sheep from outside the fence, or if you're feeling brave, you can grab a hand full of bamboo and take it into the sheep pen (expect to be mobbed by hungry sheep if you do though).
At the far side of the restaurant, is a large Koi pool with a small bridge where children can feed the Koi and play on the adjacent play park.
Whilst the farm itself is completely free, the place seems to make it's money by hoping that visitors stay and use the on site lanna style restaurant. If you're visiting the sheep farm, I would definitely recommend enjoying a meal there. On the menu are a range of Thai classics, seafood, as well as some dishes suited to the western palate, such as grilled pork steaks, chicken wings etc. As a party of eight (four children and four adults), or bill was around 800thb including drinks (and we ate like royalty).